Leica VT-1200 Microtome
Contact for price
The semi-automated Leica VT1200 has been designed for users who prefer to manually control sectioning parameters such as section thickness and cutting stroke for each individual section. The VT1200 offers straightforward, intuitive operation, fast sectioning and a full range of accessories at an attractive price.
- Vertical deflection of the blade can be measured with the optional Vibrocheck device and minimized below 1μm.
- Blade holder can be rotated through 90° to permit accurate insertion of a whole double edged razor blade, sapphire knife or injector blade.
- Optimized blade holder designed for minimum buffer spillage.
- Motorized blade holder sectioning speed adjustable between 0.01 to 1.5 mm/sec.
- Palm rests on the ice bath or double-walled buffer tray allow a relaxed, ergonomic working position.
- Built-in LED illumination provides natural, comfortable lighting during sectioning without adding heat, which could deteriorate the tissue. The Leica VT1200 S features 5-step adjustable light intensity.